We are very lucky to be in the same town as, and be members of, the
Museum of Life and Science. It has been around since I was a little kid, I worked there as a young adult, and now I love taking the kids there. You've seen some pictures of it on the blog before but this summer, Hayden got to go to dinosaur camp there for a whole week. That meant we were there everyday, and it's a tough spot to just drop someone off at so Eliza, Molly and I spent a lot of time at the museum as well. It was so wonderful to just be there to play, rather than to rush around trying to see and do EVERYTHING. Some days we played in the under 6 area, one day we checked out the dinosaur trail and mist garden, and other times we explored the other exhibits. We had a blast and I even took some pictures. Come play with us some time, we'll show you all the best spots!
 |
| They have this neat exhibit that is basically a dance floor that has different patterns of light on it, that are constantly moving and changing. The kids loved jumping over the lines, or hopping from bubble to bubble. |
 |
| bubble hopscotch. Molly and Eliza (and me) loved this exhibit - I hope it stays! |
 |
| a nearby exhibit is another big expanse of floor with motion sensors that trigger different noises as you run around in the space. a pictures doesn't really show how cool it is. |
 |
| In the Under-6 area, there is a pint sized climbing all. Eliza has mastered it, Molly is working on it. |
 |
| big lego board on the wall. such a great idea! wonder if we can do this at home? |
 |
| another Under-6 area is an animal area where you can pretend to be animal keepers, just like at the museum. |
 |
| a favorite new exhibit is the Mist Garden. what is more fun than running over small hills through the mist to keep cool?! |
 |
| where is that mist coming from ? |
 |
| emerging through the fog |
 |
| mommaaaaaa, hand..... UUUUUUUUPPPPPP |
 |
| the mist bowl is brand new this summer |
 |
| another museum favorite is the dinosaur trail, complete with climbable dinosaur |
 |
| hold on! |
 |
| our attempt at a posed photo, too much distraction |
 |
| she made it to the head! |
| *muserium is how Hayden used to say museum. I think she knows how to say it right now, but sometimes we still call it the muserium for fun. we also now refer to the playground as the p-ground thanks to Molly. :) |
1 comment:
I didn't realize that all of you stayed to enjoy the museum while Hayden was in camp there. Good idea. I need to get back there as it is MUCH different than what I remember back in the dark ages!
Love,
Popop
Post a Comment