Monday, January 14, 2013

Holiday Recap: New Years

Finally we get to New Year's. Happy New Year by the way! Can YOU believe that it's two thousand thirteen already? I sure can't.

We tried to have our usual New Year's party of fondue, friends and games but new babies and sickness and bedtimes changed things up a bit this year. Molly had her buddy Charlotte over (and her parents) and we all enjoyed cheese fondue together, with plenty of dippers - ham, potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, bread, etc. Yum!
toddler cooperation at it's finest!
 Then Charlotte had to go home to bed, we put our little ones down. Jason and I carried on the tradition of New Year's games and chocolate fondue. Melted chocolate is just so delicious!
chocolate fondue with bananas, marshmallows, rice krispies treats, brownies and strawberries

And finally, when midnight rolled around, we opened a bottle of champagne and woke up Hayden. She'd learned about New Year's Eve at school and seemed interested in the concept, so we decided she could share in the celebration as the old year ended and the new year started. She was hard to wake up, but perked up a bit when she realized what was going on. We watched the ball drop and toasted the new year all snuggled up on the couch. Then we tucked her back into bed.

Post ball drop, I carried on the tradition of breaking a champagne glass. Alas, it was no true party foul from too many adult beverages, just me being a total clutz. A lesson for the new year - if you don't want to break your glass, make sure it is resting firmly on the side table!

 
The next morning everyone was up and ready to take on 2013! Hope everyone has a wonderful year!
they have big plans for 2013, BIG plans

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat that Hayden got to get up and watch the ball drop. Did she also get to see the champagne glass drop? Seems like one tradition you could let slide next year!
Love,
Popop

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky!
I know it's been a long time since we've been in touch, but I wanted to check in and see how the family is doing. I took a quick glimpse at the blog and it looks like you sure had a great holiday season! I hope it was fun and that you all are enjoying 2013. I am in my 3rd year of grad school in St. Louis and just recently found out that I will be completing my 4th year (a full-time clinical externship) at UNC-Chapel Hill. I will be moving to the area in May of this year! It's all still pretty new news, so I don't have (well really) anything planned out. But, I'd love to see the girls - and meet Molly -when I get into town. And if you ever need a babysitter, you know who to call!
Tell everyone I said "Hi!!",
Bernadette
P.S. I tried to send an email, but it was returned.

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

That is SUCH a cute idea to wake Hayden up for the ball drop. Glad she got to share in the late night fun!

The Thomasville Harrisons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.