So just a few last things about Christmas at our house. First off, we do the Elf on the Shelf tradition. Our elf is named Peter. Though the girls were a little bit sad that he is a boy and so doesn't wear a skirt, Hayden and Eliza delighted in finding him every morning. Hayden in particular would get up right away and go look for him. I sometimes take Blizz out for an early morning walk and if I saw the tree lights on when I got back, I would know Hayden was up. Hayden was so excited about him that she documented several of Peter's hiding places with her own camera. See if you can find him!
 |
| What time is it? Christmas Time of course! |
 |
| Peter loves just hanging around |
 |
| Even elves need to take a shower now and again |
 |
| Where's that recipe for figgy pudding? |
 |
| Whoooaaa, too much eggnog! |
 |
| I've got my eye on you! |
Second, Molly may not be much of a talker yet, but that didn't stop her from embracing the family tradition of LOVING Christmas carols. Deck the Halls was a favorite and she picked up on the chorus by mid-December! (Please excuse my singing! Also, feel free to stop watching halfway thru, I don't know how to edit and the video runs on a bit.)
And finally, after Three Kings Day came and went, it was time to put everything away. One evening I let the girls have 10 minutes to eat whatever they wanted from their gingerbread houses before I put disposed of them. The frosting was pretty hard, so I didn't think they could eat all that much. However, I might have underestimated how quickly Eliza could ingest candy when given the chance! That girl loves her some chewy candies! But even if it wasn't my smartest parenting moment (let's load them up on sugar before bedtime!), they had a blast working away on the houses. Jason and I picked off a couple more pieces that hadn't been licked, and then into the trash they went.
 |
| gnawing off the roof |
 |
| mouthful of the gummy bear garden - Yum! |
 |
| notice the smear on her cheek from the effort! |
 |
| are the ornaments tasty? |
 |
| when the timer went off, HANDS UP! |
 |
| HANDS UP! GINGERBREAD HOUSES DOWN! |
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! Let's do it all again next year!
1 comment:
Molly certainly is good material for the La-La-La Choir!
Fun Christmas; thanks for sharing so much of it with the world.
Love,
Popop
Post a Comment