After nap time, we headed to a wonderful playground at a local park. I noticed a sign heading in that said it was one of the best parks in the nation! The playground was certainly lots of fun for both kids and adults: a huge climbing set with lots of easy to navigate ramps, swings, tire swings (that fit at least 3 small children!), a misting tent, seesaw and a whole lot more.
I even managed to get a picture of the three kids at the top of one of the slides. Of course, that may not have been the best spot for a photo.... (See picture 2!)
Eliza in particular had a great time at Sarah and Brad's because she got to continually play hide-and-seek with the cats. She'd find one - literally shake with excitement and point/vocalize excessively so we knew what she'd found. She never did say cat, or sign cat, but she really liked finding them.
On Tuesday morning, we had to end our visit and begin the long drive back home to North Carolina. We would have loved to have stayed longer, but we had to get home. I'll admit I was kind of dreading the drive home (mapquest said it was at least 10 hours) but it went amazingly well. The kids are true road-trippers! It helped that we found the best toy for Hayden when we went to tour Cosco, and that Eliza took two naps. And that we were flexible and stopped (twice!) when necessary for poop breaks, and had a special ice cream treat (new discovery - mini blizzards at DQ!).
What a great trip! Thanks for having us Sarah and Brad! (and Lacey and JT too!)
1 comment:
naked-try-on-shoes time reminds me of naked library, which I seem to remember Hannah and I used to have after some bath times before bed. Now that Hannah is a librarian, probably it's extra-lucky that we've outgrown that!
Post a Comment