Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pleasant Conversation

In our house growing up, if we asked to be excused from the table too early, we were told to stay in our seats and make "pleasant conversation." We always hated being told that but I think Hayden might feel differently. She's well on her way to making pleasant conversation, even if she's not so good at letting someone else get a word in edgewise!



She started chatting about how sometimes when she's in bed, she hears the door open and she thinks "hmm, is that Mommy coming in?" and similar thoughts. She had talked for a bit already when I grabbed the camera and then the narrative just kept coming. I wish I had the patience and time to transcribe her conversation. You'll just have to see what you can pick out. She talks a lot about upstairs and downstairs, folding her hands together like this, etc, etc. I think she's still talking about lying in bed hearing things and thinking things but you just never know. I just love how animated she is about and so detailed! This is often what she sounds like as she talks herself to sleep at night, though there's often songs included in the narrative at nighttime.

Want to come over for dinner and see what else she has to say?!!! If you're lucky she might talk about (and ask you lots of questions about) what we spotted recently in a parking lot near the library...

And not to leave Eliza out, since it was her 4 month birthday recently. She went to the doctor for her 4 month checkup. She is one happy, healthy and huge baby. 17 lbs! H

And then here she is practicing some emotions, right after Hayden's big speech at dinner.

Sad....

Happy!
If only the camera blinked less so that it made her avert her eyes, this would have been super cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness does Hayden know how to make pleasant conversation! She is so cute ... her folding of her hands is just priceless!
I hope she is as chatty when we see her next month!
Love,
Popop

Anonymous said...

I was so taken by Hayden's conversation that I forgot to comment on how cute Ellie is these days.
What a terrific pair of sisters!
Love,
Popop

Unknown said...

Oh my! This video clip of Hayden is absolutely adorable!! My favorite part was all the "Hmmm"s. And, Eliza, so beautiful!

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

Aaahh! I've tried for 2 days and the video keeps saying "unavailable." Fix it fix it!