Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Fun

Happy Valentine's Day! We had a fun time this year celebrating the pink and red holiday. I signed up to bring treats for Hayden's valentine party, and I went the domestic overachiever route and made red velvet cupcakes with buttercream frosting from scratch. Hayden had fun decorating them with red sprinkles and candy hearts. I didn't take a picture of the finished product but I did get Hayden after tasting the batter. Yum!

We also spent quite a bit of time making homemade Valentine's for family and teachers as well as putting together class valentines. Hayden signed an H to every single one! (sometimes multiple Hs). She was especially happy about the singing card we picked out for Jason. She did let him in on the secret, but did start to learn that we couldn't give it to him for "two weeks," even though it was really only a couple days. Here she is working hard on decorating it - keep in mind that it's playing "you are my sunshine" over and over as she works! She can sing most of that song now too!
Hayden got lots of valentines at school and had fun opening them all up while Eliza watched. She was especially excited about the candy; particularly the tangerine lollipop! And what better place to eat a lollipop than in a bumbo!



Saturday was a pretty quiet day but the girls were still festive in heart covered onesies and fuzzy pink pants. Hayden like when we moved the coffee table out of the way to make a really big train track! Then Eliza took a nap on daddy - that's the best kind of naps!



On Sunday, we went over to help Brittany move some furniture and she graciously agreed to watch the girls while Jason and I went out to lunch. She did just fine with the two of them in their matching pink/red outfits. When we came back, Eliza was fast asleep in her arms. So snuggly!

Brittany also took a family photo that turned out nice! Don't we look festive?!
And one more cute photo of matching outfits! Aren't they both getting so big?! And yes, Eliza's cheeks are quite pink- they almost always are.

1 comment:

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

Those pink cheeks and blue eyes make me think Eliza is very Vosburgh. You and I get those same flushed cheeks, Jay does too, and I think of Mom, Aunt Lydia, and Pres with them too! And, I think all of us except Jay have the blue eyes as well!