Thursday, May 14, 2009

Silly rabbit

This is not related to Hayden at all, but I really want to share this story. The other day, I was going to do some laundry that would dry outside, so I stepped out back to check the temperature and sunshine. As I opened the back door, I startled a rabbit who was foraging up near the house. The scared rabbit took off away from the house, towards where we have a gate in our dinky little fence (but keep in mind the gate was closed). I kind of wondered how the escape was going to work out since there was a fence there. As I stand outside, I hear the rabbit scratching and flailing - the escape must not have gone as he planned. Since he's hidden behind a tree from my viewpoint, I'm thinking it tried to go under the fence and is stuck, but when I walk over to investigate, I see that was not the case. The very silly rabbit decided to go THROUGH the fence! So there was bunny butt on one side and bunny head on the other.

Poor little rabbit couldn't get much traction to push through the little hole and it was ruffling it's fur up really bad. I wasn't quite sure what to do to help. I thought about putting my hand behind the legs to give something to push on, but I then wondered if it could reach back thru the fence and bite me. In the end, I just held the fence still, so the rabbit could actually push through while it flailed (our fence is not the most sturdy of fences). Eventually the rabbit worked itself free and scampered off to freedom. I'm guessing it won't be back any time soon. :)

Bonus: Since it seems silly to write a blog about the life of Hayden, and write a post without any reference to Hayden (she wasn't even home to see the bunny), I'll leave you with a series of pictures taken at dinner recently when she was being especially cute and funny.


1 comment:

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

Is that long blonde hair in those pictures?? 1. Time for a haircut for those bangs and 2. I'm so glad she got the blonde gene!