Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's all relative...

...at least when you're talking about the weather. By that I mean, we've been having some "warmer" weather lately and we've been able to take some fun outside pictures. Now, when I say warmer, I'm not talking Durham, NC warmer (70s) or South Georgia warmer (80s). As much as I would love to be reaching those kinds of temperatures, I have resigned myself to the fact that we are settled in State College, PA and those temperatures come around in June. If we're lucky. So by warmer, I mean above freezing. YAHOO!! Actually, it was actually even warmer than that. (Though I will admit we have used the words, mild, balmy and nice weather, to describe a day when it is not windy and is not below 32 degrees Farenheit. What can I say? We set our standards low.)

Anyway, we have had a couple of nice days lately, that were on the warmer side, even if you can't tell because Hayden is still bundled up in a coat and hat. If you're worried about the lack of distinction, the things you CAN'T see that say it is in fact warmer are 1)she only has one layer on under the coat, 2)she does not have leg warmers under her pants, 3)I am not feeling intense Mommy guilt for the fact that she is not wearing gloves and 4) we are actually going outside to play. So yes, it was warmer weather. That being said, here's the pics!

Here we are, about to head outside (FINALLY!) to the park. Or as Hayden says the "part." I'm not sure who was more eager, Hayden or Blizzard.

It's good that it was fairly warm and sunny, because our walk up to the park was REALLY slow. That might have been because Hayden insisted on holding Blizzard's leash herself, by herself. And so we ambled. I swear we were passed by the same woman THREE times as we slowly made our way up the street.


Hayden climbing the steps of the climber. Look how great she can do it on her own!


And speaking of gross motor skill development, she figured out how to go THROUGH this little hole at the bottom. At first she wanted my hand as she made the step through, but pretty soon she figured out how to do it on her own.

After we had played a bit, it was time for snack. As we were sitting on the sidewalk (only dry place), some boys on scooters were coming up the path. Hayden was just fascinated by them. I love how she's leaning over on one hand here, trying to peer around me to see what the boys are doing.


Okay, so now we're on a different day, when the weather really was warm - 60s! We introduced Hayden to the game of basketball. However, we might have been a little bit late in our introduction, or perhaps our introduction of another sport skewed her interest. Every time she grabbed the ball (which was often), she had no interest in trying to dribble it. Instead she'd go "kick, kick!" and try to drop it to kick it. Maybe she'll be a star soccer player instead?
We had a great time at the park enjoying the weather. We did basketball, football, swinging, climbing, sliding, all sort of activities. Then, of course, it was time for snack. Hayden wanted to come sit next to me on these little stepping stones (some of them move!) and Jason thought it was a cute picture. But getting me to keep my eyes open and Hayden to have her hand down proved to be too much of a challenge, so this is what you get. Notice the short sleeves!!! And after all our playing, I was wishing I'd worn shorts, or at least flip flops!

Okay, final picture, because it's just so darn cute. It's from the first day I talked about (notice the hat has made a reappearance). She's really just SUCH a cutie pie these days. And a sweetie pie - which you can get her to say - "seetie pie, seetie pie" - from a totally biased perspective, it's SO CUTE, just like Hayden!

2 comments:

Syvertsen said...

Cute - that's an understatement! I absolutely LOVE these pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Jane said...

Your "seetie pie" looks just as cute as you think she does. Once Spring arrives in Central PA, we are all the more appreciative of it!