This is a little bit of a random story, but I think the accompanying video is entertaining.
The other night, in honor of Mardi Gras, I made red beans and rice, and cornbread for dinner. Surprisingly, both were a huge hit with Hayden and she really ate them up. Jason and I enjoyed dinner as well. We still ended up with lots of cornbread leftover, so it was on the menu for the following evening as well.
After a long day with both Jason and me working out of the house, and Hayden at school, we all gathered in the kitchen to put together dinner. We opted for breakfast burritos, with scrambled eggs and cornbread for Hayden. Jason got to work on the eggs/sausage, while I got some stuff for Hayden- her milk, some pear slices - while she was securely fastened in her high chair. She had already pointed out the corbread tupperware container sitting on the counter. I turned to walk towards the cornbread and opened it up and Hayden let out this ENORMOUS chuckle/laugh thing indicating that she was beyond thrilled to be having cornbread again. It was HILARIOUS! And she did more laughing when we gave her the scrambled eggs. Which she gobbled up, at least 2 eggs worth, and asked for more. Apparently this girl likes her food so much it makes her laugh. Will she think the veggie muffins are as funny tonight?
Things to note on the video - We did have to prompt her to laugh 2 of the three times. The first laugh described above was about 3 times longer and louder, just so you can start to picture it. And I'd like to point out that despite it being over a week since I first got sick, my voice is still deep and congested sounding! Erg! But the mucus monster has moved out and I'm feeling much better. And if you're wondering, yes, cornbread is a pretty messy dinner option. :)
See, sometimes I do post about things other than visitors or trips!!
1 comment:
It's hilarious that she works so hard at her hearty laugh! Aunt Lacey loves cornbread, too!!
Post a Comment