Preschool for Eliza and Molly ended the week before Memorial Day. Molly just had a splash day for her last school day. When I picked her up, she was wearing a snazzy tie-dyed t-shirt the kids had made in secret and has since become one of her favorite shirts to wear. (Which is okay since she is uber adorable in it!). Eliza's last day had a bit more ceremony as parents were invited in and the kids sang songs they had learned throughout the year.
 |
| sitting in one last circle time |
After I picked E up on the very last day, the three of us went out to lunch at Elmo's to celebrate. I don't usually take the kids out to eat by myself, but we managed to have a pretty good time, even with Molly being her usual loud and bouncy self. As a special treat we ordered a chocolate milkshake that we split between the three of us. Eliza gobbled up her pancake and wished she had a second one, then proceeded to eat her applesauce, the remnants of grilled cheese from Molly, and french fries from me and THEN polish off a milkshake. Molly ate her applesauce (apparently I need to get applesauce more, because the kids think it's a great treat when we eat out!), a good portion of her grilled cheese, as many fries as she could sneak from me AND the milkshake. There wasn't really any food left on the table when we were done!
 |
| who doesn't want to celebrate with pancakes and applesauce!? |
 |
| about to dig in |
 |
| milkshake bliss |
 |
| that's a thick one! |
I can't believe the year is over already. Molly has her first year of school under her belt. Eliza had a fabulous year, even with several teacher changes. She'll be in the 5-day preK class next fall since we couldn't get early entry to work with the magnet school. (though I still might try to throw a hissy fit with the school system people downtown since my first one didn't work.) These kiddos are really growing up so fast!
 |
| the snazzy shirt! |
 |
| one head-tilts, one stands stiff - they make a great team! |
 |
| found them reading books together one day recently - they'd moved the stool and chair by the window all on their own |
Just two more days for Hayden and then it really is summer! (okay, not REALLY summer, that's on June 21st, as I keep discussing with Eliza. "is it summer?" well you are done with school. "is it summer now?" well it is hot. "is it summer now?" no, Hayden has two more days and then the real day is June 21st. "will it be summer then?" Yes, yes it will. ) We have all sorts of adventures planned!
1 comment:
Molly in particular has come a long way this year from those early teary drop-offs at pre-school every Tuesday and Thursday morning (not that I had to endure them, but I heard about them).
Such cute girls and they certainly did enjoy lunch at Elmo's!
Love,
Popop
Post a Comment