Monday, March 10, 2014

More ice

After the lovely hike with Grammy and Granddad in warm sunny weather, we were hoping that spring was finally here. It was NOT. Last Tuesday we had yet ANOTHER snow day with school closed due to wintry conditions. This time sleet and freezing rain. After nap time, I decided it was time to get outside for a bit (we were all battling bad colds, so holing up inside had been kind of good for us), and I tried to practice some more photography skills. Pictures aren't very exciting, but you can see the girls having fun slipping and sliding on the ice and admire their bundled up cuteness.  I'm hoping we're done with that now!
Molly debates the folly of heading out to the ice
our ice rink wasn't very big. :)
bravely trekking up the street on the ice
coming back. It looks easy, but E did fall down on her bum.
pretty cracked ice along the curb
our chilly bulb sprouts
that face, with those goofy braids.
maybe neighborhood landscaping should have been put off a couple more weeks?
surveying her domain
sister hugs!
Today the weather is sunny and in the upper 60s. Let's hope spring is truly on it's way! I hope you can see signs of spring, wherever you are!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have been having fun with wintry weather this year! Glad to see the girls making the best of it. Sometimes you hunker down and sometimes you go out on the ice and fall on your bum!
Love,
Popop