Saturday, February 22, 2014

Photo School

In addition to the regular stuff I do, I've been trying to learn how to take better pictures. I've done two online photography courses over the past 6 months, which I've enjoyed and have learned a lot from. Right now I think I know just enough to be dangerous, to occasionally take a halfway decent picture. But there are a LOT that aren't very good which can be frustrating. I've been trying to be better about practicing, because that's the only way I'm going to get better! Due to the practicing, I have a lot of random pictures and thought maybe I'd share some of them. A few random shots of our life over the past couple months, or at least the parts that I have deemed worthy of practicing with (i.e. I remember to have the camera nearby and the light is not too bad). Some I include because I think it is a good photo, some are just funny parts of our life. Enjoy!
Making friends with Sam the cat.
scaling the hill across the street from Grandma and Popop's house
engrossed in a story with Grandma
This is shot I could take EVERY single day with Hayden. She loves to read!
Bedtime story with Daddy (can you tell we like books?!)
showing a surprise (happy?) face with Daddy
Blizz watching over the playground
swingin'
goofiness on the picnic table
more goofiness in the stroller
curly girl
making art (this happens a lot too.)
poking at the left over snow
What? Does my hair look shaggy?
opening a Valentine's card (thanks Grammy and Granddad!)
pensive face
will water help my bad-hair-day? (don't you love the vest and boots?!)
come on Blizz, play with me!
puddle play
achoo!
upsie daisy! little boost!
MOMMA! I need you!
cheese!
naked puzzle time. (M is very into puzzles these days.)
running to the bus stop
does it look like I have a flower coming out of my head? (she really asked that!)
like how the photo looks, and how it captures Hayden. tada!

3 comments:

PeaceLoveMath said...

Great pictures! You have three gorgeous, creative girls.

Anonymous said...

Your practicing is paying off as these are very nice pictures. Of course, you do have wonderful material to work with - those three girls are something!!!
Love,
Popop

Libby said...

These are beautiful! Even if they are "still practicing," they look way better than an average snapshot.