Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Halloween Stuff

As you might imagine with three little kids in the house, we did some Halloween stuff at the end of October. We went to a festival, we marched in a parade, we carved a pumpkin, we dressed up for school activities and we went trick-or-treating. Throughout it all, we had fun! Not much I can say about it, you just have to see the silly costumes!
the weekend before Halloween, we went to the fall festival at church/preschool. The kids dressed up for trunk-or-treating. a dragon, a cat, a butterfly.
Hayden doing a dance at the end-of-quarter showcase in ballet.

a pumpkin at the Farrington Village Pumpkin festival. where EVERYONE in Chapel Hill went the night before Halloween! the take away? neat pumpkins, WAY WAY too many people!
Molly's school costume. pink skeleton fairy!
Molly loved joining Eliza's class for the Halloween parade after her class was over.
Halloween parade at preschool! They walked all around the church. E is the butterfly!
the skeleton fairy even flew in the parade (at least for part of the time). 
even Jason got into the Halloween spirit. How many mustaches do you see?
dressed up on THE night for trick or treating. We now have a cat, a dragon and a fairy princess!
casing the neighborhood. All the girls had fun, H especially had a blast!

the loot!

 Molly still talks about Halloween and somehow it's become linked to her birthday in her mind. So we'll talk about Halloween, and then she'll say "my birthday?" and I'll say, your birthday is in August, but I don't think she gets it. Also, we've been letting them have one piece of candy for dessert some nights and Molly actually requested one BY NAME - butterfinger! Of other note, Hayden dressed up as Angelina Ballerina for Camp Read-a-lot at school on Halloween. E got hot while trick or treating and was ready to strip down naked while in the middle of the street. The girls got 5 large size candy bars between them (they are tucked away for grownups). Grandma and Popop did a great job helping with trick-or-treating and candy-handing-outing. It was a good Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was quite a Halloween and the girls were cute, cute, cute! I'm sorry I never saw Molly in that skeleton costume as that would have been fun.
The girls did very well sharing their candy afterwards; I was impressed.
To answer your question, I saw two mustaches on Jason!
Love,
Popop