Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Fourth

We wimped out a bit for the Fourth of July. Instead of our typical trip to the Festival for the Eno, we opted to stay home. The weather was questionable, it had been rainy A LOT and it was going to be SUPER SOGGY there. (a couple days before one of the stages was almost under water!), it cost a lot and we had been SO busy with the beach and visitors that we needed a break.
festive popsicle!
we had blueberries ready to harvest!
 So instead of the Eno, we stayed home and had a quieter fourth. It was nice. Dad came over for a dinner of burgers and corn on the cob. The girls and I made a lovely flag cookie tart. We even had sparklers as the sky darkened.

M- I want some berries!!!!
 

 



And since we weren't tired out from partying at the Eno, we finally went to some fireworks in Durham. Not quite the spectacle of State College (oh how I miss those fireworks) but it worked quite well to find a spot with a view of the Bulls' stadium and keep the girls up late. A lovely little Fourth!
fireworks!
Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sugar cookie crust on the berry cake was delicious! Thanks for sharing it with me.
Fun time even though I wimped out on the fireworks!
Love,
Popop