I have SO many blogs to write about all our summer fun, but just haven't had the time. And we're headed out of town tomorrow, so it might be a little while. But for now, here's a few quick and funny photos to show you a bit of what we've been up to.

1) Hayden lost her first tooth! One day I noticed that her tooth looked weird, and initially I was worried that her teeth were really getting out of whack because she is still obsessively sucking her thumb. But when I asked her about it, it turns out that it was just wiggly! The very next day, she told me "my tooth hurts" after eating lunch. Just as I was mentally debating what to do, since I didn't think suggesting pulling it out would work with my child who freaks over pain, she suddenly says "here Mom, it came out!" I was ridiculously excited about a developmental milestone that doesn't even involve any skills! We tucked it under her pillow that night and the toothfairy brought her a gold dollar. Now from time to time she asks if any of her other teeth are loose, apparently missing the point that she will probably be the first to know that, not me!
 |
| The first couple days, she would exclaim " I can't believe my mouth has such a big hole in it!" |
2) We had a rainbow sighting last night! A big thunderstorm rolled through around dinner time, and just as we were putting the girls to bed, we went outside to check for a rainbow. Low and behold, there was a big, bright one! So the girls stood outside in bare feet and pajamas, and marveled at the rainbow with me. I had to bring them inside when Eliza started trying to go puddle stomping.
3) Molly turned 11 months today! I can't believe she is almost one. It's so cliche, but time certainly does fly. Her newest trick is pulling up. She is getting into everything, and not afraid to "taste" anything (large or tiny) that she comes in contact with. Luckily she's just getting cuter every day, so all her mischief is forgiven.
 |
| Sampling pancakes for breakfast. We tried a new recipe this morning and she heartily approved of it! |
 |
| Showing off her new pull-up-to-standing trick. |
3b) Also, Molly would like to point out that sometimes being a crawling-all-over, blueberry-munching, balloon-batting, sisters-laughing, adorable little baby is very, very, very tough.
 |
| She really truly fell asleep like this, propped against the crib bars. She didn't sleep long though and had huge red marks on her forehead, surprise, surprise. |
 |
| Naptime face plant! |
Happy 11 months!
1 comment:
Cute pictures of Hayden and Molly! Rainbows are always a fun surprise when you get to see one. You had some great ones in State College as I recall.
Love,
Popop
Post a Comment