As I alluded in the Nine blog, Molly is well into eating solids. We've embraced the
Baby-Led Weaning method, and thus have given her mostly full size food for her to explore and taste. We did start out with rice cereal.
 |
| her first bite |
 |
| what is this stuff?! |
 |
| the food may not taste good, but I love you mommy! |
 |
| mush face! |
She really wasn't a fan, so we quickly moved on to other things. She's not big on the spoon - she hasn't wanted to eat much of anything off it; not rice cereal, not avocado, not sweet potato, not even banana!
 |
| notice the head turned. no spoon food, no spoon food! |
 |
| blah. mushed sweet potatoes. yuck! |
But she likes playing with her food and checking out what we put on her tray. I think her favorites so far include baked sweet potato fries, pears, rice cakes, and cheerios. She seemd to like playing with apples, carrots, broccoli and avocado too.
 |
| sweet potato fries, now these are yummy! |
 |
| let me squish them. |
 |
| broccoli! (not sure why she liked the stem end best.) |
 |
| ahh! it's stuck to my lip! get it off! |
 |
| pancake is good. how do I stuff it all in at once?!! |
Her most favorite has been the asparagus. She played and sucked on those spears for so long! It was so funny to watch her figure it out. I'm sure it because of the great CSA we're doing this summer. (I have a video of her eating asparagus, but can't get it to upload. Check back later!)
 |
| yum |
Cantaloupe was a recent addition to her repertoire. It seemed to be a big hit.
So many more yummy foods to come! Just wait till you get to taste ice cream!! Or donuts, like the ones we made this week. Delish!
2 comments:
Dear Molly,
We need to talk. Asparagus is gross.
Love, Aunt Lacey
What cute pictures of Miss Molly! She does like that asparagus stalk. Don't let Eliza feed her kale chips!
Love,
Popop
Post a Comment