This blog starts the weekend before Easter, when our church holds their annual egg hunt. Like last year, the day dawned gray and rainy, so the festivities were held indoors. At this point, I wonder what it's like to have them outdoors - indoors seems to work so well! We tried to make the best of a gray morning at home, by making fresh cinammon rolls for breakfast. Hayden (as well as the rest of us) thought they were delicious.
Eliza got to be in the 1-2 year old egg hunt and she did great! Given our recent practice egg hunts, she was well primed and picked up lots of eggs! She could have been a little more efficient, since she continued to exclaim over almost every egg she picked up - but I'll take enthusiasm over efficiency while she's little. :)
Hayden was in the 3-5 year old egg hunt and had a great time flying around the youth room looking for eggs. I couldn't even get a good picture, because there were so many people in there and she was so busy. But she found plenty of eggs and had fun doing it!
After egg hunts, we headed upstairs to see what other fun things we could find to do. Both girls got their faces painted - can you tell what each one picked?
Then we went into the fellowship hall to get some food. We enjoyed the hot dogs and drinks, the girls decorated sugar cookies for dessert. All in all, a very fun Egg-stravaganza! (by the way, how would you define extravaganza? Hayden was asking and I think I said something about a really big event with lots going on. Not a word I use very often!)
Then, since an egg-stravaganza just wasn't enough excitement, after naptime, the girls made some new friends that Jason found while mowing the lawn.
1 comment:
Hayden and Eliza did do very well during their respective egg hunts at Epworth. I'll bet the 6 and up age group was quite competitive, but Hayden will be ready in two years, I'm sure!
Love,
Popop
Post a Comment