Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving and 3 months

Happy Turkey Day! We had a nice time celebrating ours, I hope you had a good one too. We kept it pretty low-key. Staying in town and just going over to Grandma and Popop's for dinner. More family from Grandma's side came, so we had a nice group at the table. Molly got to meet additional relatives, including Uncle Pret, Aunt Paula, Aunt Liz and cousins Vickie and Preston. (She'd already met Aunt Lydia earlier.)

Hayden and Eliza quickly charmed their extended family, getting Liz to read stories, getting hugs from Aunt Lydia, and playing in the basement with Vickie and Preston. I think it must have been the "fancy" clothes they wore (thanks Grammy for sending them!), which they were SO excited to get to wear. We'd been talking about them for days.
Even Molly had a special bib, but she wasn't impressed with the holiday as you can tell by her yawn.

Hayden's fancy skirt.
Technically taken before Thanksgiving but I didn't get a pic on the big day.


The food was delicious. A yummy turkey plus all the fixings - Parkerhouse rolls, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, fruit salad and cranberry sauce. Then chocolate bourbon pecan pie, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake bars for dessert. Yum! The girls didn't eat all that much - Eliza really enjoyed the cranberry sauce (the canned variety) and Hayden had an admirable 4 yr old challenge to the roll consumption contest, coming in at 3. (The record is 7). She might have pushed to 4 but she stopped when I asked her if she still had room for pie. Molly didn't eat anything, she was too busy napping on Jason's shoulder. The baby handicap was only slight - he couldn't manage a second helping of mashed potatoes, but that was about it.
Family and Food.

Hayden listening very attentively to Vickie and Preston's conversation about something. She LOVED cousin Vickie, and Vickie did great with her little cousins.

Eliza enjoying dinner. This big grin with a squinty eye is her current smile phase.

Snuggles with Popop after dinner.

We actually ended up spending the night at Grandma and Popop's, to make it feel like a real holiday. Then we had a lovely lazy day after Thanksgiving, with lots of grandparent playtime, naps and general relaxing. We also snuck in some shopping - Jason did a lot all over and I hit one store for some great deals.
Cooing and chatting with Grandma.

Aha! I finally caught your smile on camera. Thanks for the help Grandma!

After naptime snuggles with Popop.
Even Hayden took a nap so it must have been a good day for snoozing!

Eliza 'feeding' her baby. Guess what she sees me doing all the time?! :)

Reading/singing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" for the umpteenth time. Luckily it's the beginning of the holiday season, so we all chimed in, each and every time!

We even managed a family photo before heading home in the evening. Notice that Eliza has changed back into her fancy dress. Because she could. :) Happy Thanksgiving!


And then, after the weekend was over, Molly turned 3 months old! So I took lots of pictures!

First, fully clothed, with her sign and a smile.

But she spit up so she got stripped down to her onesie. And since it was an awesome tie-dyed Ben and Jerry's onesie, of course we needed more pictures.

Then the onesie was wet too, so she got stripped down to the diaper. And she looks cute in a diaper. (Doesn't she fill it out better than her one month picture?! I think it's the next size up too!)

And naked pics are always cute, so let's take some more.

Then we had to change your diaper anyway, so now it's a different diaper. And still cute. So just one more picture. Now we're done. (I didn't even post all the ones I took.)
Happy 3 months birthday, Molly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That family photo is SO good! Everyone is looking at the camera AND smiling (well, maybe not Molly, but close enough)! Your T'giving sounds great - I miss those rolls!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job capturing a fun Thanksgiving, Becky! The girls did look extra special in their new outfits, and it was a treat to have you stay over and spend the next day with us. I'm surprised the Thanksgiving candles did not make it into a picture, but you did give a thorough review of the great food we enjoyed.
Love,
Popop