Saturday, September 3, 2011

At the Hospital

And now for the fun part - Pictures! After the birth, they needed to monitor Molly for 48 hours. They were flexible with their usual protocol and released us at 10:30 at night, mainly because otherwise I would have been released but Molly would have stayed. Leaving at night was weird, but so good to get home. But that means we were there all of Monday and Tuesday and I took lots of pictures of my adorable new baby girl.

such a cutie! (and I think she looks like Eliza in this picture).

The three girls are all together for the first time. Hayden immediately wanted to see her and touch her. Eliza just giggled with glee at the "baby!"

Grandma introducing Molly to Hayden.

First photo of our family of five!


More cuteness. She was surprisingly awake while at the hospital.

Me and Molly doing a "long arm" self photo.

Lori and Wes stopped by to meet her on Monday evening.

Family photo thanks to our visitors.

She has a tongue! She makes funny faces! I guess we'll keep her!

Her hat got lots of comments at Duke Hospital. :)

so peaceful and cozy.

tiny toes.


Waah! I don't want to stretch out! (and I don't like having ALL my appendages banded!)

Finally it was time to go home.

We put on her going-home outfit. (way too big, even in newborn size!)

Molly and I got to ride down in a wheelchair. Jason didn't actually push it but a nurse stopped us to take our picture so Jason stepped in.

And then we tucked our teeny tiny baby into the infant car seat (along with many hospital blankets) and rode off into the night!

We're so happy to have you join our family, little Miss Molly.
Now get eating so you can do some growing!


3 comments:

Lori P. said...

I love these photos! And I think it's hysterical that Nugget still has 3 weeks left on the pregnancy ticker. :)

Anonymous said...

Pregnancy ticker needs updating, as does the blog heading! These pictures are awesome, and I'm so glad everyone is happy and healthy. Molly made her mark right away! (oh, and Go Heels!)
love, Aunt Lacey

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Becky. I think Molly was more awake in the hospital because she was leery of the Duke influence. Now that she is home and in safe territory, she can relax and snooze. I'm delighted she has started to gain some weight back. Go Molly!
Love,
Popop