Thursday, July 14, 2011

Puddle Jumping

Last week we had absolutely miserable summer weather. So hot, so humid. The only redeeming thing about this nasty weather was the creation of some lovely summer thunderstorms, especially since the kids still managed to sleep through them! At one point last week, after an especially heavy downpour during a storm, I decided it was time to brave the heat and humidity and go outside. The dog needs to get walked occasionally after all. So we went for a puddle walk!

I encouraged them to put on grubby play clothes that could get wet - and Hayden reluctantly agreed to change out of her dress, once she had established that she could put her dress back on when we came back inside. And though I told them crocs would be great splashing shoes, they both wanted to put on boots instead.

They may have looked silly but they had a great time walking thru all the puddles and mini-rivers. Even Blizz got in on the action, walking in the water and tasting it. The pictures aren't that great (my camera lens was all fogged up) but you can get a feel for the fun of the jumping, and the wetness of the day!






Humidity Hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so behind on your blogging... puddle jumping is fantastic! Good idea, Mommy!
LSH

Anonymous said...

Puddle jumping is a great idea, and the kids were 100% correct to prefer boots over crocs. Now if you had suggested kite flying during the thunderstorms, Becky, we might have worried!
Love,
Popop