Sunday, May 22, 2011

Water, Fun.

It's Pool Season! Yay! The neighborhood pool opened recently and on Friday afternoon, we headed over to check it out. It was nice and quiet and the kids loved it. The water temperature was a little bit cool and so their teeth started chattering almost immediately but that didn't stop them at all. Both of them seemed to enjoy just being in the water. Eliza modeled her new hat which she actually kept on quite well. (good training for the beach in a couple weeks!). And she enjoyed wandering the deck, identifying things - including some arm floats which she called fish.


And Hayden, my little girl who hasn't always even enjoyed a bath, headed right into the water. She wasn't really interested in getting her head wet, but she was happy to be in the water and even tried some kicking with me. She was also perfectly content to snuggle in a towel after we'd been there for a little while. I'll turn her into a water baby yet!I too had a great time being back at an outdoor pool. I even got to swim a few laps for the first time since State College! I'm hoping to get to swim regularly this summer, which is very beneficial to the pregnant me in many ways. :)

I think both girls really had a good time and will be quite agreeable to my plan to spend many hours at the pool this summer. Eliza spent all yesterday saying Water. Fun. Cups. Water. Pool. Fun. That's Eliza speak for "We had fun in the water at the pool, we played with cups in the water. It was fun." I think she'll have a good summer. And then Hayden was excited when we planned to go to the pool again this afternoon. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out, since we had a busy morning celebrating cousin Preston's first communion, and naps were later than usual.

Hayden was quite unhappy when she woke up only to learn that we were not going to go to the pool again as promised. (There just wasn't enough time between wake up and dinner to fit in a pool time.) So I think we'll have fun this summer going to the pool - now if I can just figure out how to get sunscreen on my back by myself, we'll be all set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For those not familiar with the full clan, the two older children in the picture are cousins Preston and Vickie who live in Raleigh. They are grandkids of one of Peggy's sisters. I've never been able to figure out if that makes them second cousins to Hayden and Eliza, first cousins once removed, or just "family"!
Love,
Popop