Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snippets

Except for the Super Bowl party, we haven't had any "big events" in our life recently, so I've just compiled a few random snapshots that reflect snippets of our daily life. Things are mostly good - I can't complain when it's been sunny and warm here off and on over the past couple weeks. That's why we moved south again! And the girls are so fun, even if they do have their moments. There is lots of play time, laughing and learning that goes on, and I try to enjoy every minute. (For the record, I do NOT enjoy giant tantrums when leaving Target such as happened this morning, but those moments are few and far between. and I don't take pictures of them!) So here are ten random snippets - in no particular (and not chronological) order.

1)Eliza coming down the slide at the park. She LOVES the slides and does them without holding our hands. She just goes for it. She gets so excited about them, you have to monitor at the top to make her sit down or she'd just start walking on the slide and tumble down.

2) Hayden atop a climber at the park. And she had a whole narrative going about going into space since the climber looks like a space ship.
3. Eliza in her overalls. She's just too cute some days!
4. Trying on my shoes in the bathroom. They love to try on my shoes - BOTH of them. My shoes end up all over the upstairs because they are constantly dragged out of the closet. Eliza loves trying on any shoes: mine, Hayden's or Jason's! Even her own, often over her footed pjs.
5. In the bathtub. Generally a favorite place to hang out. Hayden likes to help wash Eliza and sometimes Eliza returns the favor!

6. Playing doctor in the "tent" in the living room. This was just this morning! Hayden takes good care of her babies, and Eliza tries to copy her. Just last night Hayden was soothing her babies and Eliza got her own baby and swayed with it while saying shhhhh. 7. Trying Jello jigglers for the first time for Valentine's Day. She wasn't quite as thrown off by the texture as I thought she'd be, though she did just kind of lick it at first.
8. Eliza happily screaming. Can't you just hear her?! This happens often. She likes to make noise.
9. Eliza looking out the window in our bedroom. We keep this bin in that location for this purpose. And I often pull up the blinds just for her (usually I just rotate them open). I'm not sure what she's looking for, but she checks things out quite regularly.
10. The look-out-the-window bin is also good for story time. Hayden has started "reading" stories that she remembers, and often tries to read them to Eliza.


That's our life! Doesn't it look fun? :)

2 comments:

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

I have now revisited this post several times just to see the picture of Eliza screaming. Makes me laugh EVERY time.

Anonymous said...

The screaming one is a good one, but I like the excitement on Eliza's face coming down the slide. Many cute pictures - Hayden reading to Eliza, Eliza looking out the window, playing dolls - very cute!
Love,
Popop