Once we got onto the farm, we hopped right up on the wagon for the hayride. We drove past a little pond, through a field of cows and back to the main action. Jason got licked by a cow and we learned how to sign "cow" to Eliza, though she didn't feel like trying it herself. She was too busy taking it all in.


the cow that licked Jason - it's too bad we couldn't get a picture of that because it was QUITE the tongue.

Then she tried her hand at milking a cow. You had to squeeze pretty hard to get any "milk" to come out but she managed.

Then we headed to the big draw of the day - the corn maze. This is what it looked like. Jason took a picture of it with his phone to use as a "map," though I'm not sure how much it helped us.
You were supposed to find ten stations throughout the maze, but we only managed to find 9 before we got tired and hungry. Eliza got bored early on and took a nap on my back. Hayden alternated between being bored in the stroller and eating anything we offered, and walking while insisting on being the "line leader" and telling us she'd find the next station with her "flashlight eyes."

After making an escape from the maze, Jason and I tried to "ring the bell" at a strong man game. Jason was indeed a strong man and rang the bell fairly easily on multiple tries. I had multiple tries but was unable to ring the bell. It's a lot harder than it looks - I was too worried about missing the pad to swing with all my might!

Then Eliza woke up and got to try climbing on the huge mound of hay they had for kids to play on. She wasn't too impressed, I think she was still waking up. She did do a wonderful "GQ" pose as Jason called it.


There were also plenty of other photo ops with those funny scene face cut outs. Lori and Wes did one near the corn maze. Then Lori got Hayden in a couple. Cute!

and then right before we left to go find lunch, we stopped at the pumpkin display for some seasonal photo ops. Pumpkins were on the pricey side, but they still made a great backdrop. I do love a collection of pumpkins for taking photos! Hard to get the girls both smiling and looking at the camera in the bright sunshine, but even so, they still look cute. Also, please notice their themed shirts!




2 comments:
I'm glad I checked your blog before leaving work today. Look at those two cute pumpkins you have! Good thing you didn't lose them in the corn maze!
The pumpkin hat on the lil pumpkin is adorable!
Post a Comment