Friday, September 10, 2010

Eliza's walking!

A lot to post about, what with the move, and a family gathering of all the sisters and kids, meeting baby Charlotte, getting reacquainted with Durham, Hayden starting to use the potty, and everything else, but one of the biggest pieces of news is that Eliza is walking!!! She took her first steps just in time to be bragged about at the party we threw in honor of my mom's birthday, and has been working hard at two legged mobility ever since.

These aren't her first steps, but they are within a week. And as I write this she is actually toddling around the room! Today is the first day I've seen her really try to walk from point A to point B when there is some minimal distance involved. She's going to be running soon, I'm sure!





In other big Eliza news, she's starting to sign too. It is just so neat to watch her learn signs. I've seen her do more, cheese, drink, airplane, dog and baby. And she chatters up a storm. She actually "performed" for me just a couple minutes ago, as I was trying to capture her walking. Isn't she great?!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is something but seeing her take her first steps in person was really neat. And now she is nearly walking across the room. No stopping Eliza now!
Love,
Popop