Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Since Eliza is doing well entertaining herself on the floor for the moment, I thought I'd write just a bit more while I have the chance. This entry should probably come before the Saint Patrick's Day one, but oh well. No big deal.

Spring break was pretty low-key for us. We didn't go anywhere warm and sunny but we were lucky enough to have the weather get fairly warm. The snow finally melted away and we got to break out the flip flops, even if just for one day. It seemed hilarious to me that Hayden could be in flip flops, playing with the snow.


I celebrated my birthday - got to make any kind of cake I wanted. I went for basic yellow with chocolate buttercream frosting and a chocolate truffle filling. Hayden and Jason did the final decorations. :) Hayden picked out a yoga mat for me so we could do yoga together. We've already tried it out and it works great!



Eliza learned how to roll over and perfected her skills very quickly. Here are a couple pictures of one of the very first times she ever did it - we were downstairs hanging out by ourselves; luckily the camera was nearby!




Mom and Dad came up to visit - or I should say Grandma and Poppop. Hayden had a wonderful time with them. She loved showing them all her toys, telling them to read her books and just generally having two more people to bend to her little two year old will. They were good sports and everyone had a good time. Hayden also really loved that Dooley, the yellow lab, came to visit and showered her with love and fun.


Not quite the trip to the Florida Keys we took 4 years ago (4 years?!!!) but we had a nice time.
Now it's back to the grind...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring break in State College was great ... except for the weather! We had a wonderful time with our granddaughters and with all of you. Even the aborted dinner at Olive Garden that ended at Outback was good fun (and tasty). It was really fun to see Hayden in flip-flops playing in the snow!!
But, I did get a bit tired of reading (and reading and reading) about the three bears, little red hen, and billy goats gruff -- you don't have to bring that book along when you come to NC next month :)
Love,
Popop

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

So crazy to have on flip-flops in snow! And you must be really excited about flip-flops because we haven't even broken those out in S.Georgia yet!
Kudos to Ellie on rolling over!

Laura Wray-Lake said...

I can't believe our trip to the Keys was 4 years ago! I wish we could all go back, but at least you had a nice spring break at home (with flip flop weather!).
-laura