Friday, March 19, 2010

Green

Happy Saint Patty's Day! In keeping with what seems to be a common theme, we dressed for the occasion - all in Green! Hayden was head-to-toe in green and Eliza was pretty close.
Jason and I were much more subdued, with only our tops fitting with the theme. Hayden had a good time with the green theme and was quite interested in the concept of pinching if you don't wear green. She wasn't actually interested in doing the pinching, just kind of worried about getting pinched. And also eager to point out who had green on and whether they might get pinched or not. I'm not sure she quite got the concept, but that's probably for the best.

And yes, it was early in the morning when we did our green photo shoot - notice the yawns! We're all still adjusting to the time change.

She did enjoy the green yogurt she had for snack (vanilla with green food coloring - we have also had blue and red yogurt since St. Patty's Day.) And Jason and I enjoyed our green chile and chicken casserole (with extra green salsa added in) and green guacamole. Yum!

St. Patrick's day was especially enjoyable this year because the weather was gorgeously sunny. I took the kids up to the park in the afternoon and both loved the swings. It was Eliza's first time in the swings and she thought it was great!

I also managed to capture her new trick - yoga!

She can roll over now and is getting so strong. She's started trying to lift her whole body off the ground, as well as roll over, scoot on her back and just generally move as much as possible. There have been a couple times that I've put her on her back on the floor, gotten distracted for a few minutes, and when I look back over at her, she's in a completely different place. It's almost time to put the baby gate back on the stairs! And this is only since she started rolling over on March 7th! We're in trouble now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The green outfits are quite cute. They'd have looked good in the NY City parade!
Looks like Ellie will be walking in no time. No dust will gather on that young lady!
Love,
Popop