Wednesday, January 13, 2010

tricky pokey

So you're probably expecting (eagerly anticipating?!) a detailed blog documenting our extensive holiday travels. Unfortunately I do not have the time or patience to complete such a blog at this time. (however, I have uploaded the photos from the cameras - so that's at least something!) Maybe this weekend I'll find some time to post about our holidays, which were great.

In the meantime, here's a super cute video of Hayden demonstrating the intricate steps of the rarely seen "Tricky Pokey." To set the stage, we are at my parents' house in North Carolina. I think the "hokey pokey" had been done earlier, as a way to entertain Hayden and Jay (and the adults). On her own, Hayden suddenly started doing this crazy dance. She even kept it up as I grabbed the camera AND then named it when I tried to call it the hokey-pokey. I just think it's hilarious how fast her arms and legs move and that she seems to do it so deliberately! Feel free to watch it again and again and try it in your own home!



And of course, so as not to neglect Eliza, who is not quite ready for the tricky pokey, here's a One showing her lifting her head up. And this was even before we left for our travels!

3 comments:

The Thomasville Harrisons said...

I LOVE that video. It really looks like she's in fast forward. And look at Ellie's happy face - you caught a great picture!

Syvertsen said...

Such adorable little girls! I love how Hayden pants as she dances. Of course, I'd probably pant too if I moved (err...could move) that fast.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I like Dooley lying in the background watching Hayden doing the Tricky Pokey with a sense of detached amusement. Good head lift for Ellie!
Love,
Popop