Friday, January 2, 2009

Teek-cull, teek-cull!

So if this works (I'm typing as the upload takes place), this will be a first for Hayden's blog. It's a....

VIDEO!


I know you're excited. You should be. I think I might have used up all of my blog storage space, so watch it lots now, because it might disappear in order to make room for more photos down the road. This video is a little out of order, since I'm skipping over Christmas/New Year's completely. Happy New Year! by the way... But since I got a new camera for Christmas that has video capacity; of course we had to try it out. And since Hayden has developed this really fun game called "tickle, tickle" that is SO cute, it was the perfect opportunity to use the new camera. Note that Hayden says is as Teek-cull, teek-cull. Now the video does not actually capture the true game. The true game of "tickle, tickle" is where Hayden yells, Mama! Tickle!, and runs down the hallway - I chase after saying something about the tickle monster coming to get her. She runs with that cute little toddler running-waddle and I catch up with her at the end of the hallway where lots of tickling and giggling commence as Hayden says, tickle, tickle, tickle. We play over and over again and it is lots of fun!


To set the stage for the video, Hayden has taken the tickle-tickle hallway game and applied to other situations, saying tickle, tickle just about any time or place. She has tickled daddy, mommy, Blizzard, etc. During dinner tonight, she was reaching out to us, with hands covered in cornbread crumbs, and trying to tickle. As expected, once we pulled out the camera, she stopped, so that's why you hear me prompting her. It's not the best video ever, but I just love how she says tickle tickle so I hope you enjoy our very first video!!!! Yay!!!

Other things to note in the video - Blizz waiting patiently for ANYTHING to fall to the floor for eating, Hayden signing and saying all done at the end, and the fact that Hayden has TWO cups on her tray, because she likes to double fist: milk and water. Sometimes she makes a tower with them (and says tower) and sometimes she even attempts drinking while holding them in a tower position. It's great.

And I'll be getting to writing about Christmas and New Year's shortly. Still have to upload photos from the other camera, and sort through to select the best ones. Hopefully this weekend. Check back again soon! Happy 2009 from the rock star baby!




1 comment:

Jane said...

Thanks for letting me know about your blog, Beckie. I love seeing all the pictures, even of the adults like you and Lacey ;
Tell Hayden she is now bookmarked on my toolbar with the other fun blogs I read!